Strawberry Arugula Salad with Strawberry Preserve
by Apeksha Jain on Feb 16, 2022
Fruity and healthy salad prepared with TGJ Strawberry Preserve
(For the Salad)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 cups arugula leaves or baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup toasted mixed seeds
- Berries (optional)
- ¼ cup soft goat’s cheese/ feta cheese/ freshly grated parmesan
(For the Dressing)
- ¼ cup TGJ Strawberry Preserve
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp regular vinegar or water
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup almonds
- Wash and dry the salad leaves with the help of a salad spinner. Keep aside.
- Add everything listed under ‘dressing’ to a blender and blend/ blitz until a smooth (creamy) dressing is prepared. Add more vinegar or water, if needed. If it looks thick like a sauce (not vinaigrette) – that is what you’d want to achieve. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- Add salad leaves to a large mixing bowl. Add 3-4 tbsp of dressing prepared dressing and toss gently.
- Add chopped strawberries, almonds, (berries, if using), mixed seeds and cheese.
- Add more dressing on top of everything with the help of a spoon and serve!
Recipe Credits: The Twin Cooking Project